"Carolyn's stories are like a cozy blanket, a pair of stretchy pants, a lifetime movie, and a pint of ice cream to come home to after a DUMB! dating experience. It makes you breathe a sigh of relief and think "Phew! Its NOT just me!!!!!!". -- Ozlem (my hairdresser)

Love the blog Carolyn!! Just read every entry - it's all great! really interesting and a lot I could relate to-- it's hard for me to imagine you having any trouble meeting guys, but I love the honesty and openness of your voice.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Goal To Finding a Meaningful Relationship


I am 44 and have never married. I grew up in the midwest and, like many girls, held a magic number in my mind of the age by which I would be married and starting a family. '28' was my magic number and that was 16 years ago. I'm currently single, not in a relationship and dating in Hollywood.

Is there anything wrong with being single? No! Absolutely not. The current divorce rate in America is 50%, a fact that is constantly driven into my brain when fighting couples with screaming kids turn to me and say, "you're so lucky you're single". Then there are the times like when my 13 year old dog Jake died and I wasn't in a relationship with a man whose loving arms I could cry into. (My best friend Julie promptly filled in). In hindsight, I have been 'proposed' to twice and both men were financially stable so if I had married and divorced both times, I could probably be living a pretty comfortable life right now.

However, I have been working and supporting myself since I was 16 and the concept of money, a nice house and an expensive car has never been a bargaining chip with me. A partner with whom I can build a deep, loving and trusting friendship is what I seek, and what I have committed myself to finding (or at least to looking for) this year-- in addition to finding more clients, producing a movie and well, just living my life.

Is it possible to find the man I seek? I don't know. But, by writing about my experiences, I hope to learn more about who I am and the kind of man I am looking to share and build a life with. I also hope to strengthen my friendships, by opening my heart and mind to any experience that comes my way. What I do know is looking for someone special and sharing all of my experiences will be loads of fun!

3 comments:

  1. Cookie, so sorry to hear about Jake dying. I know how much he meant to you all these years and how he and Otis were the constant men in your life. wish I had a chance to say good bye to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt-- yes, my dog Jake was the constant male in my life:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong in being single enjoying life in a positive way. Having great family and friends that you can speak with or give a hand to when called upon. Continue to enjoy life and keep the faith because everthing is possible, I am a prime example.

    ReplyDelete